If you care for the environment and you want to avoid getting ripped off by an auto shop, you should bring your vehicle to green car mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA.
As a car owner, you should start familiarizing yourself with how your vehicle works and how to diagnose common car problems.
The next step is to know how to choose car mechanics that can help you maintain your vehicle and keep it in excellent condition.
More and more car owners are now sensitive to green issues, and we can see auto repair shops advertising themselves as green.
While there is no specific definition of green, you need to know some basic information when choosing your car service provider.
Choosing Green Car Mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA
Auto shops that sell themselves as green may only meet basic state requirements, while some auto shops who don’t carry the green label may exceed the guidelines when it comes to being environmentally friendly.
The basic requirements usually include the recycling of oil, safe wastewater disposal, and containment of hazardous solvents.
There are more practices that car mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA, can do to be more “green” in the workplace.
Applying basic green business practices is a good starting point like:
- Recycling paper, plastic, and glass
- Buying supplies in bulk
- Going paperless
- Buying recycled paper
- Using eco-friendly cleaning products
- Installing energy-efficient lighting
- Saving on water usage
A green auto shop should clean up spills at once and use contained floor cleaners. You can check out the service bays at your auto repair shop.
If they are clean all the time, this means that your auto shop takes environmental practices to heart.
Car mechanics in Santa Cruz CA use many products that are hazardous like oil and solvents. Going green means purchasing in bulk, proper recycling, and disposal.
Old tires should be disposed of properly and not end up in landfills. Some companies collect old tires and recycle them by using them as base components for athletic grounds or mulch.
Running a green auto repair shop represents forward-thinking and practicality.
Many green policies in an auto shop impact not only the environment but also business operations.
Installing a rooftop solar panel system can save up to 50% of energy costs. There are waste oil heaters that can convert customers’ used oil into heat, which is good to use in the wintertime.
Today, communities are adopting green practices, and car owners are looking for shops that have a green label.
It’s no surprise that this new era of car owners will embrace green car mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA, due to heightened environmental awareness.
Implementing a green program in an auto shop makes sense, and you also get to save on costs by cutting back on utility bills.
Green Recycled Car Parts
Green parts are becoming a trend, and it’s creating quite a stir in the auto repair industry.
If you are serious about going green, you can use recycled aftermarket and remanufactured OEM parts for repairs.
Using recycled parts are cheaper without sacrificing quality. They cost up to 90% less than new OEM parts.
You don’t need to worry about the quality of your green part because they go through the same rigid tests to ensure that they are fit for a car owner’s needs.
Some green parts distributors offer warranties on several parts to give buyers peace of mind.
Green parts can measure up with new parts in quality and performance.
The future of the automotive repair industry is going green. Green auto parts distributors see huge potential for green auto parts.
The buying public is now willing to switch to cheaper alternatives that are friendly to the environment.
Here are the benefits of choosing green parts over new parts:
- Low-cost alternative, save up to 90%
- High-quality parts are subjected to strict testing.
- Help the environment by preventing unnecessary waste and overproduction of parts.
- Green parts are readily available for every car brand except for rare limited edition vehicles.
- Recycled parts save 80 billion barrels of oil per year as they lower manufacturing and transportation processes.
- Increase the lifespan of existing cars on the road
Some car owners may have their reservations on buying green parts due to the bad publicity they get.
Most of the bad press is coming from new parts manufacturers because their market is affected by the green parts industry.
Water Star Motors: Reliable Green Car Mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA
Most car owners think that a car dealership is the only repair shop that can offer excellent service. They don’t realize that they are missing out on great deals since car mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA, can provide the same level of service at affordable prices.
At Water Star Motors, you get a family-owned mechanic shop with 27 years of experience.
Here are reasons why you should check us out:
- First Santa Cruz City Certified Green Business
- Awarded by the Mayor of Santa Cruz for efforts in the Green business Community in 2009
- Certified Green Business in the State of California
- AAA approved mechanic shop
- 2007 award for Small Business of the Year from Assemblymember John Laird
- Voted Best in Santa Cruz on Good Times reader poll in 2002 and 2012
- Santa Cruz Magazine Goldie Award in 2009 to 2012
- ASE certified technicians
- One of the longest warranties among local shops: 24 months labor and parts, unlimited mileage
- Vehicles are test-driven to ensure they are serviced to perfection
- Latest test equipment for proper diagnosis and repair
- Customer convenience with same day service and shuttle service to home/office
- Complete vehicle inspection every time you visit and give advice on safety issues and potential problems down the road
- High-quality service at the best prices in town
If you are looking for Green car mechanics near you, call us for an appointment today. We specialize in all import models, including European and Japanese.