Owning a Dodge car or truck can be enjoyable, especially when they move you around without fail. The problem is you never know when a suspension or brake problem will hit you, and you don’t want break downs, especially in the middle of the road trip season.
To keep your Ram 1500 or Charger humming in tip-top condition, you need reliable Dodge Repair in Santa Cruz, CA.
Regular care and maintenance will ensure your Dodge’s reliability. We share some tips on how to perform a tire rotation at home.
Dodge Repair: How To Do a Tire Rotation
If you want the tires on your Dodge to last longer, you need to rotate your tires regularly. Having excellent tire traction is essential, especially on unexpected rainy days in Santa Cruz.
Some Dodge owners will choose to bring their vehicles to their trusted Dodge repair shop for service, but if you have the right tools at home, you can perform the tire rotation yourself.
Why You Need Tire Rotation
Tire rotation is necessary to correct uneven wear on your tires. All tires wear out differently due to your vehicle's drivetrain and driving habits.
Turning corners regularly can wear out the outer edges of your front tires. If you keep your tires in the same position without rotating them, your vehicle will experience less traction, and the uneven wear will only get worse.
Your tire rotation schedule will vary if you have an all-wheel-drive, front-wheel-drive, or rear-wheel-drive vehicle. Before you rotate your tires at home, check out your owner’s manual, and learn about any special requirements for your specific make and model.
- FWD vehicles: rotate every 5,000 to 7,000 miles
- RWD vehicles: rotate every 5,000 to 7,000 miles
- AWD vehicles: tires on AWD vehicles are engaged all the time, so they wear out quickly. Car experts recommend rotation every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
Performing a tire rotation will also differ if you have a FWD, RWD or AWD vehicle:
FWD Tires: For front-wheel drive vehicles, you first move your front tires to the back and keep them in the same left/right positions. Proceed to move the rear tires to the front; this time you switch the left/right positions.
RWD Tires: For rear-wheel-drive vehicles, you perform the opposite. You move the back tires to the front first, keeping their left/right positions. You then move the front tires to the back, and you switch their left/right positions
AWD Tires: For AWD tires, you perform the same task as your RWD tires.
Steps in Doing a Tire Rotation
You can do a rotation in your garage if you have a level surface, if not look for a level surface where you can perform the rotation.
Don’t forget to engage your parking brake to keep your Dodge vehicle stable.
Use your jack to raise each corner of your car and place your jack stands one at a time.
Proceed by removing your hubcaps and loosening your lug nuts on all four wheels, but don’t take them off. This makes it easier to unscrew your tires when your car is elevated.
Use four jack stands or wood blocks to elevate your vehicle off the ground. Check your manual for correct jack placement.
Remove lug nuts from the tires and roll them to their new placements.
Get your tires on the studs and hand tighten into their new spots.
Lower your car and tighten the lug nuts with your torque wrench
Put hubcaps back on and check your tire pressure.
If you want the professionals to handle your tire rotation, you can visit your Dodge repair mechanic for tire rotation services.
Water Star Motors: Your Trusted Dodge Repair Shop in Santa Cruz, CA
Many car owners still think that they can get the best Dodge Repair in Santa Cruz, CA, from car dealerships alone.
They don’t realize that they are missing out on great deals since there is a Dodge Repair expert in your community that provides the same level of service at affordable prices.
At Water Star Motors, you get a family-owned mechanic shop with 27 years of experience.
It’s vital that you have the best hands caring for your Dodge. Our team of expert Dodge mechanics can deliver precise Dodge repair to keep you on the road for a long time.
Here are reasons why you should check us out:
- First Santa Cruz City Certified Green Business
- Awarded by the Mayor of Santa Cruz for efforts in the Green business Community in 2009
- Certified Green Business in the State of California
- AAA approved mechanic shop
- 2007 award for Small Business of the Year from Assemblymember John Laird
- Bosch Certified Service Center
- Voted Best in Santa Cruz on Good Times reader poll in 2002 and 2012
- Santa Cruz Magazine Goldie Award in 2009 to 2012
- ASE certified technicians
- One of the longest warranties among local shops: 24 months labor and parts, unlimited mileage
- Vehicles are test-driven to ensure they are serviced to perfection
- Latest test equipment for proper diagnosis and repair
- Customer convenience with same day service and shuttle service to home/office
- Complete vehicle inspection every time you visit and give advice on safety issues and potential problems down the road
- High-quality service at the best prices in town
We have earned a good reputation for excellent Dodger repair service all across the entire vehicle lineup.
Once you drive your Dodge into our auto shop we will perform a thorough inspection so you can make informed decisions based on your budget and needs.
We understand that getting back on the road is an utmost priority so we try our best to make the process as efficient and pleasant as possible.
Try us out and you will be amazed at our competitive rates and top-notch customer service.
If you are looking for a Green mechanic shop near you, call us for an appointment today. We specialize in all import models, including European and Japanese.